Cinnamon Essential Oil Functions
- Heart Health-Booster
Cinnamon oil can naturally help keep arteries clear and free from dangerous plaque buildup thanks to its circulation-boosting abilities. The interior surface of arteries (called the endothelium) is where nitric oxide is normally produced, but when plaque builds up, the disease called atherosclerosis forms, which means you have a decreased ability to produce nitric oxide. Because cinnamon helps foster nitric oxide production, it’s beneficial for people with heart disease or who have suffered from a heart attack or stroke. It also contains antiplatelet compounds that further benefit arterial health.
- Natural Aphrodisiac
Poor circulation also has negative effects when it comes to low libido and erectile dysfunction. A major cause of low libido is aged, clogged arteries since this makes it difficult for the reproductive organs to receive enough blood, oxygen and nutrients. Compounds in cinnamon oil act like natural prescription drugs for erectile dysfunction; for example, Viagra works by influencing enzymes in the nitric oxide pathway to increase blood flow. This makes cinnamon oil a natural remedy for impotence.
- Controls Blood Sugar and Insulin Release
Cinnamon has positive effects on insulin release, which means it can help keep blood sugar stable and prevent chronic fatigue, moodiness, sugar cravings and overeating. Inhaling cinnamon essential oil can also help keep cravings away and possibly make you feel full faster too.
- Heals Skin
Effective at treating skin conditions such as rashes, acne and infections, you can mix cinnamon essential oil with a carrier oil (like coconut oil) and apply it to the skin to take advantage of its antimicrobial capacity.
- Can Help with Weight Loss
Cinnamon is gaining a reputation for being a fat-burning food and valuable tool for weight loss. With its ability to balance blood sugar levels and improve the taste of foods without any added sugar, it’s effective for curbing a sweet tooth. Unstable blood sugar can lead to overeating, low energy and weight gain, but adding cinnamon oil to fruit, tea, oats, baked goods or smoothies helps slow the rate at which glucose is released into the blood.
- Reduces Ulcers
Cinnamon essential oil holds a beneficial compound called eugenol that can help reduce ulcers. Eurgenol is able to combat some of the gastric effects of a poor diet to reduce pain associated with ulcer symptoms, the number of ulcers that develop, and their intensity in terms of causing legions in the skin or mucous membranes that fail to heal.
- Fights Parasites
Studies have found that cinnamon oil inhibits growth of certain harmful parasites, making with an excellent parasite treatment. Along with other oils like thyme, oregano oil and cumin, cinnamon essential oil is considered one of the best oils for stopping mycelial parasite growth even when used in very small quantities.
- Treats Sore Throats
Cinnamon oil can help prevent mucus buildup and clear nasal passages. Try drinking a combination of hot lemon water, honey and cinnamon oil first thing in the morning to curb cravings, give you a pick-me-up and raise immune function.
- Helps Treat or Prevent Headaches
Because the active compounds in cinnamon oil help increase circulation by expanding blood vessels, headache pain can be reduced by diffusing cinnamon essential oil in your home or inhaling it, making it an easy-to-use headache remedy.
- Gently converging skin, firming loose skin after weight loss, promoting blood circulation, anti-aging, clearing skin blemishes.
- Boots brain function, cinnamon boots the activity of the brain and makes it a great tonic. It’s improved their scores on cognitive activities such as attention span, virtual recognition memory, working memory and visual-motor response speed¡£
- Controls diabetes, it has the ability to control blood sugar, so diabetes find it very useful because it aids them in using less insulin. Research shown that it is particularly helpful for patients suffering from type 2 diabetes patient are not able to regulate their insulin level properly.
- Improvement of poor circulation, menstrual pain, less menstruation, and anterior lower abdomen are effective.
- It can relieve muscle cramps and rheumatism and improve joint pain.
- It is also useful for stomach cramps, indigestion, nausea, flatulence, and diarrhea.
- It is a good antibacterial agent and it is effective for colds or respiratory infections.
- Excellent for the exhausted and weak, faded comfort.
- It is a natural aphrodisiac with its warm, soothing qualities that help to create joy and excitement.